- Taylor , married on 10/04/2019
- Beautiful flowers!Shady Grove Garden & Nursery did an amazing job on my bridal bouquet, boutonnieres, and table center pieces! The flowers were beautiful and they really worked with me on a tight deadline.
- posted 12/07/2019
- Susan was wonderful to work with. She was very responsive and helpful in helping me work through what the best plan for flowers for our wedding would be. I've never been a big flower person so I didn't want to break our budget on florals. We opted for having Susan do my bridal bouquet, bouts, and corsages. I was a little regretful after seeing how beautiful her arrangements were. We got her buckets for DIY bridesmaid bouquets (this was so fun for the girls!) and for the few cases we had for decor. Susan was patient with me when I was worried about how the color burgundy of flowers may clash with the color burgundy napkins we had. Lol... it's so weird the things you start to freak out about as you're planning your big day that - in the end - make no sense at all 😂 what was I thinking? Anyway, everything was beautiful and the only thing I regret is not having enough time to have met Susan myself to pickup our flowers. My uncle and cousins went to pick them up, met Susan and her husband, and their friendly cat! If you want someone who's easy to work with and easier on the wallet than most floral vendors in the area, Shady Grove Gardens is for you! Brook
- Pure perfection!
I was so pleased with not only the price of these flowers, but how insanely gorgeous they were! I could not have possibly asked for anything better. Abby 10/06/2018
- Beautiful flowers!
- We were so happy with our flowers from Shady Grove Gardens! We used them for our center pieces and arch at the alter. They were gorgeous! Even during the hurricane weekend this past September, the flowers were beautiful! Definitely recommended by me! Lucy 9/15/2018
- "Thank-you for the lovely flowers at our wedding. I really enjoyed the blue hydrangeas and the sunflowers- it was perfect. Thank-you!" 9/30/17 A. Toomey
- "Dear Susan and Team at Shady Grove... Your flowers and greens and bouquets and boutonnieres were exactly what we were hoping for... and were perfect for the Overlook Barn. An important and wonderful part of their joyous wedding day! Thank-you for serving us with excellence, we are grateful. They were blessed through you. Thank-You God Bless you all!" H & G 8/12/17
- Reviewed On 7/25/2016 Brooke L. Shady Grove was fantastic! They grow beautiful flowers and created perfect centerpieces and bouquets for our wedding! Susan was a joy to work with and was very thorough in making sure she understood what we wanted for our wedding! She created a piece to hang on a large cross that was breathtaking! She also did a mixture of small & large centerpieces, bouquets, boutonnieres & filler flowers. We also used fresh buckets of flowers for our rehearsal dinner that we put together ourselves. I would HIGHLY recommend anyone in the high country to use Shady Grove for their special occasion!
- You're opening eyes and encouraging hearts through your work with flowers. I see it at every workshop. Kelly
- "Thank-you, I can't begin to tell you how much we loved the flowers. The fact that you nailed Kelli's ideas was amazing!!" Thank-you again D. Rogers 2015
- "The floral arrangements you did for my daughter's wedding were exceptional. You are very talented. All the flowers were beautiful and the bride and groom were awed by the overall look. Thank-you for your hard work to make this special day even more special. Thank-you" Roxanne
It was just beautiful! The altar flower arrangements were stunning. The bouquets, lanterns and small vases of flowers looked great. The white and peach roses added the special touch of elegance she wanted as well. Thanks so much! I would highly recommend you and Brent to anyone needing beautiful flowers!! Kerin 2015
Susan, Thank you again for the wonderful, wonderful flowers that you provided for the Labor Day weekend rehearsal dinner we hosted in Blowing Rock. The flowers added so much to the night. Wishing you and yours continued success. Melissa H. 2013
- The floral arrangements you did for my daughter's wedding were exceptional. You are very talented, All the flowers were beautiful and the bride and groom were awed by the overall look. Thank-you for your hard work to make this special day even more special. Roxanne 2013
- Dear Susan, Thank you so much for designing the gorgeous flower basket for our son's wedding festivities.. It helped bring our vision of the decorations together. It was a very special weekend. Amy V. 2013
- This year was a life changing year for us and we are so glad that you were a part of it! Without you, we know that our wedding would not have been the same. The flowers, bridal bouquet, pin-on corsages, and boutonnieres were absolutely gorgeous! We have been asked numerous times for your information. Thank you for all the help, love and support this past year. Katherine and Daniel 2013
- "I didn't get a chance to thank you or let you know how much we loved all the arrangements you did for Lesley's wedding. They were absolutely beautiful and exactly what she wanted. It was a real pleasure working with you during these past months. You were so helpful- I can't imagine having had anyone else arrange the flowers.
Good Luck to you in the future and I hope that some day we will get to see you again. If you ever need a reference or would like a client call me, please feel free to do so." Helen 2003
- The flowers were absolutely lovely at the wedding -- and really made the space come alive. All the guests were raving about them. I'll try to remember to send a picture when we get them back from our friends and wedding photographer. Sara August 2012
- "Just wanted to thank-you again for doing such a beautiful job on Tyler's wedding flowers. The flowers were all lovely and the bouquets were particularly beautiful with the wild flowers and the pretty ribbons." Lisa 2008
- "Thank-you so much for doing the flowers for Joe and I's wedding day. They were beautiful! I truly appreciate you bringing two choices for the bridal halo. They both were beautiful........The flowers and how they were arranged were better than I could of imagined. It really fit our personalities. Thank- you so much for making my wedding day so beautiful.....I will remember that day forever-- only with the best memories." Deborah and Joe 2008
- "The flowers were absolutely beautiful! Could not have been more perfect, and fitting for out wedding! I loved them!! Thanks so much! The caryopteris were perfect for my hair. I'll try to remember to send some pics your way when I get them back!" M. 2009
- "Thank-you for the beautiful flower arrangements. It's amazing what you can do with so little input. All the flowers fit in so nicely with the setting." Brenda 2009
- "The flowers were gorgeous & they worked out perfect. My Mom and I did all of the centerpieces & we got so may compliments. You grow beautiful flowers & you helped make our day more beautiful than ever. Thanks for all your help!" Angela J. May 2009
- "We were very pleased with the service we received for our outdoor wedding. The flowers were beautiful! I love that they are organic too." Amy 2009
- Dear Susan and Brent, John and I wanted to thank you for helping us with flowers for our recent wedding. The bouquet, boutonniere, floral arrangements and flowers for the arbor were gorgeous, and absolutely ideal for our mountain wedding setting. Not only were the flowers fresh, beautiful and perfect, you listened to and incorporated my preferences and prepared the flowers in record time with only a few days notice.
Thank you for taking care of everything we needed and for delivering and setting up the flowers. We couldn't have hoped for anything better: beautiful flowers, delivered and set up on schedule at a reasonable price.
"Shady Grove did all of the flowers for our mountain wedding. The bouquet, boutonniere, floral arrangements and flowers for the arbor were gorgeous, freshly cut and absolutely ideal for our mountain wedding setting. Not only were the flowers fresh, beautiful and perfect, Susan at Shady Grove listened to and incorporated our preferences and prepared the flowers in record time with only a few days notice. We couldn't have hoped for anything better: beautiful flowers, delivered and set up on schedule at a reasonable price. I highly recommend Shady Grove to anyone who needs flowers for a wedding or special occasion."
John and Elinor September 2010
- "Susan is a wonderful designer. We gave her a general idea of what we wanted and she went from there. We couldn't have been more pleased with how everything turned out." L.B. 2010
- "Susan was such a pleasure to work with. She took all of my ideas and inspiration pictures and managed to blend them into the exact feel I was looking for. She was incredibly professional, always responding very quickly to emails and phone calls. And she offered up her expert opinion on issues I was unfamiliar with. The flowers were beautiful and we took pride in the fact that they were locally grown and were in season. I would recommend Susan to any bride looking for excellent service and professionalism at a fantastic price point."
"Susan: I cannot thank you enough for the beautiful job you did with the flowers. You were able to take all my inspiration pictures and ideas and turn them all into the most perfect arrangements we could ask for....Thank you so much!" Megan 10/2/2010
- Susan, Thank you so much for the beautiful wedding flowers that your staff chose for us! As you can see from the picture on the front of the card, they turned into beautiful bouquets! We also used them on the cake & centerpieces. We really appreciate how easy you made it for us to choose and pick up our flowers. It made us feel great to know that they came from a small organic farm. Thank you for all you did! Rhett and Stacy 2010
- Hi, Susan Thanks again for your hard work and beautiful flowers for our wedding! They really turned out perfect! Brittany & Austin 2011
- Brent and Susan, Thank you for the amazing flowers for our wedding. They were an amazing contribution to a glorious day! We received tons of compliments. Thank you. Zack & Alicia 2011
- Dear Susan, Thank you so much for creating such beautiful wedding flowers for us. All our guests were impressed with how unique and lovely our wedding flowers were. Many thanks for helping make our special day success! Love JoAnn & Joe 2011
- Susan, All was lovely and beautifully arranged. The fragrance filled the church and reception hall....everyone was commenting on the fragrance. You are both impressively talented and professional.....and local!! I have already and will continue to recommend you at any opportunity.
Thank you so much,
- Susan, Thank you so much for all the gorgeous buckets of flowers and the arrangements that you and Brent made were AWESOME! I cannot thank you enough for your help—you were such a pleasure to work with. I will write a very positive review online for you guys! As soon as we get pictures back from our photographer I will send you some photos as well!
- Great! When we get photos back from the photographer we will sent them your way - the bridesmaid bouquets made from the flowers were INCREDIBLE! ... Hope you are great, and thanks again, Brittany
- Shady Grove Gardens and Nursery provided the flowers for our wedding at Camp Sky Ranch on June 16, 2012. Susan was wonderful to work with and really helped me figure out what we would need. Shady Grove provided local seasonal flowers for our wedding and they were gorgeous. We purchased several buckets of cut flowers to utilize for table decorations and pew markers. Purchasing cut flowers was a great cost-effective option. We picked the flowers up on Friday morning and my family and I arranged them as we wanted. Susan also offers individuals the option of a flower arranging workshop (with your purchased buckets) at her nursery if you would like. We also had Susan and Shady Grove Gardens make numerous larger flower arrangements and decorative pieces and our bouquets and boutonnieres. Everything that they provided was gorgeous! All of the flowers were exactly what we had hoped they would look like and really fit our venue and theme. Shady Grove’s flowers really added so much to the ambiance of our day--we could have not been more pleased with the outcome. Susan was very professional, full of ideas and suggestions, and very flexible. It was a pleasure to work with her! Shady Grove is a great value and a wonderful local vendor that is worth checking out for your wedding.
- Thanks so much for the beautiful job you did with the flowers! Everything came out perfectly, and their simplicity and beauty really added to our day. I'll be sure to send you some photos once we get them...Kimberly July 2012
- We just got home from our honeymoon this morning. The flowers and everything about the wedding was gorgeous!! Thank you so very much for the beautiful assortment of vibrant flowers! The bouquets for my sister and I were stunning! They were perfect! I couldn't have imagined them better if I tried!
- Leigh Marie 2012
- I can't tell you how many compliments I got on my reception centerpieces, and that}s where your flowers were used. thanks again!! Kristen 2012
- Susan and Brent were so easy to work with. I only needed bulk flowers for my wedding, and they came through like champs. With some minor preferences from me, they set me up with the most beautiful and unique assortment of flowers for my July mounting BBQ wedding. It was exactly what I wanted. The flowers were so fresh! We sent many home with our guests and found that they were still beautiful a week later. When we got home from our honeymoon, our hydrangeas (!) were still lovely. You cannot go wrong with Shady Grove. 2012
- I was extremely happy I chose to use Shady Grove Gardens for my floral arrangements and wedding bouquets. Susan was so patient with me through the entire process. I kept changing my mind on colors, flowers, what arrangements I wanted...which ones I did not want anymore etc. etc. and she was so supportive (which is priceless!!) The bouquets and arrangments arrived early the day of the wedding and everything was as promised. Susan and Brent are such nice and honest people- I did not even notice that the flower girl petals that I had ordered were missing the day of the wedding. Actually, I did not even know that the petals were missing until I received an e-mail from Susan when I arrived home from the honeymoon stating that a reinbursement check for the flower girl petals was in the mail for me! I value honesty and have the utmost respect for someone who honors that quality. I was going for a rustic-romance theme at my wedding and the flowers that Shady Grove Gardens provided set the mood and captured the essence I was aiming for! Thank you guys so much! It was such a pleasure to work with you! Shannon 2012
- The flowers provided by Susan and Brent were absolutely perfect, and exactly what we hoped they would be-they tailored the colors and specific flowers to our exact wishes. They worked with us to adjust our order to fit within our budget, and were VERY reasonably priced. We loved using flowers that were locally grown, and the arrangements and bouquets they put together were beautiful. Kimberly 2012
- Susan , our flowers were gorgeous for own May 31 Wedding. I'm so glad we worked with you! I have many of the vases here at the house with me and they are just so gorgeous. I'll send pics of the DIY arrangements & bouquets when we get them. Thank-you for helping us make our big day so very beautiful! Ginger 2014
- We had an eco-friendly wedding at a winery in Banner Elk North Carolina and decided to use organic, locally produced flowers that we opted to arrange ourselves. Shady Grove was very flexible with what we wanted and provided us with a beautiful array of assorted wild flowers that were grown 30 minutes from where we got married! Lindsey 2012
- Thank you for the amazing flowers and will be sending pics when we get them. Best Wishes! Megan and Seth 2015
- Susan, I can't thank you and your husband enough for everything you both did to give us perfect wedding flowers...I appreciate you taking the time to meet with me multiple times to make my vision a reality. A.R. Smith 2016
- "The-You your flowers were amazing and we love what you do. They made the wedding." Stephanie 2016
The flowers for our 40th Anniversary were devine. You couldn't have pleased us more. R. 2015